Friday, December 16, 2011

The last few weeks

School is over for the term and now it is the Christmas Holidays and all I can say is BRING IT ON!!!!. Seriously I am so burnt out at the moment that the last week of teaching was a real struggle. One thing that I find fascinating about french kids is that their education system has managed to zap them of all independant thought or ideas

Anais- Ok Class I would like you to write this down
Kid One: In pen or pencil
Anais- (stays calm) in pen.


Anais; I would like you to colour this red
Kid: In felt or colouring in pencil
Anais (Head explodes)
Kid -holds up three types of red that have hardly any difference
Which one do I use....?
Anais- Argggggggggggggggggggg

If the french education system is guided to squah individual though then they are on the right track....

Another interesting observation is at recre(break) kids have to ask the teachers permission to go and drink (there are no fountains outside). If there is ever a problem they will go up to a teacher and go "maitresse so and so hit me...."

As an outsider all I can do is laugh and ponder at the fate of these children if they ever move overseaa and realise that, no one cares if you draw in felt tips or pencils as long as you do the right colour.

For christmas I am going to Marseille for the weekend then to Barcelonnette (where it is snowing!) and then to Avignon....

No comments:

Post a Comment