Tuesday, April 24, 2012

London and the end of work

London was amazing. Of course being London it was cold and miserable for the day that I chose to go sightseeing but that did not dampen my enthusiasm for what I saw.

I stayed at my cousins place, it was great. Especially hearing stories about my parents when they were younger. Easter day was spent wallking around redhill which is outside London and going to the village in which the film the Holiday starring Cameron Diaz was filmed. It was a quaint english village and very cute.

The next day was raining and wet , I went into London by train to see the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, The London eye and Big Ben. I went on one of those hop on and off bus tours. It was fun, would of been even better if it had not been raining. The tower of london was huge!. Not suprising considering it has served as a royal residence, fortress and jail. So many people of note have been executed that, some of the most famous being Anne Boleyn and Katherine Howard -two of Henry 8ths Queens. You can see the site where they were executed and also the chapel in which they are buried but not take pictures. Apparently every May Day (the day Anne Boleyn was arrested) someone places a rose on her grave.
 

I then did a river cruise from the tower to Westiminster in which you go past the London Eye, I did not go into the church as you had to pay quite a bit. I did take pictures from the outside and also saw Big Ben. It was very cool.

The next day I went with Harry to the British Museum, it was amazing and so big, there was so much to see that we did not cover all of it. The Egyptian part was especially nice. I also saw Buckingham Palace which was cool. I then went back to France to get ready for the last days of teaching.

I have finished teaching and I must saw thank goodness, on the second to last day with my final class at one of my schools I just wanted ti to be over! the kids were just not listning or caring and it was so annoying. My other classes were well behaved however and gave me lots of pictures.

I have booked Egypt and leave in approxinatly two weeks...exciting!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment